In 1953 an all welded pressure vessel was manufactured for the Esk Brewery Co. This vessel was 6 ft in diameter and 43 ft in length. It was fitted with ½ inch thick dished end plates, hand formed at Glasgow Engineering, and the shell plating was 3/8 inch thick weighing around 6 ton. Support cradles were fitted and it was successfully inspected and tested. The Co2 storage tank was then transported to the current Boags Brewery site and installed by Glasgow Engineering personnel.