Discovered in Staub’s archives, the mold for this cocotte was originally created for use in professional kitchens by Francis Staub in collaboration with French chef Paul Bocuse and other renowned chefs.
- With the depth of a sauté pan and the curved sides of a skillet, the sloping, tapered sides are ideal for stirring
- Perfect for creamy risotto, slow-simmering soups, stews, tagines and French classics like coq au vin
- Heavyweight enamelled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Multicoat enamelling creates a glossy, vibrantly coloured "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Domed Chistera lid features spikes that promote self-basting to keep food moist and is topped with a nickel-plated brass knob.
- Care Instructions:
- Dishwasher safe, however hand washing is recommended
- Soak in warm water with a small amount of dishwashing liquid to remove stubborn residue
- Do not heat cast iron rapidly, low to medium heat required only
- Recommended for use with wooden or plastic utensils only to avoid damage to the enamel coating
- Packaging Type: Gift Box
- Colour: Cherry Red
- Material: Enamelled Cast Iron
- Capacity: 2.2L